“DJ Doc, you know he’s down with us”

You may have stumbled across it already but peep this unbelievably dope interview and feature on legendary producer Ivan ‘Doc’ Rodriguez here. Props to Impose Magazine for the essential reading. If you don’t own a copy of The Chosen Ones “Enter The Lord” LP you really must, in fact get it here. What a bargain, $150.00 for the cassette.

The Chosen Ones ‘Robodoc’

6 Responses to "“DJ Doc, you know he’s down with us”"
  1. Reply Fila my nutsack May 27, 2008 19:44 pm

Tape’s sure have gone up in price a lot. I think theymust have put toomany zeros on that price. Dope LP, Robodoc’s a slept on gem, was lucky to get a mint one of them in Reckless for £4.99 a few years back.

2. Reply brian beck from wisconsin May 28, 2008 08:28 am

I got the first Blac Monks album on tape off eBay recently for close to nothing.

3. Reply Drew Huge May 28, 2008 10:15 am

In which case, BB, I’ll give you a quid for it. Profit for that ass, you know it makes sense.

4. Reply i the t May 28, 2008 14:51 pm

i’ve got the vinyl and i’m broke !

anyone interested as i can’t be bothered to put it on ebay only to end up losing it for £7.30 ?

5. Reply brian beck from wisconsin May 29, 2008 17:33 pm

Fuck that.

6. Reply Andy November 13, 2012 12:26 pm

I have two copies of this album on tape. One is sealed and one is ‘barely’ opened. There are 4 extra tracks on the cassette, including “My Mic Is On Fire” (not acetate version, mind, which is a shame). Amazon has info about this being released on CD at one point, in ’91. You’d be very lucky to find one of those. Possibly the holy grail of diggers.