Meal Talk New York

Franks

…where were we? Oh yes, we didn’t dig around to bring you the definitive story behind the seminal New York record store Music Factory, nor did we interview Mr. Magic but we did go and eat at Franks, a great place to eat. The Risotto was to die for.

9 Responses to "Meal Talk New York"
  1. Reply End Level Boss November 2, 2007 03:49 am

I bet you went to Williamsburg too, and hung out in your Cheap Mondays jeans and vintage Cazals.

2. Reply JimmyC November 2, 2007 08:12 am

Hurry up and write about the shit you ‘didn’t’ do in NY.

3. Reply i the t November 2, 2007 09:19 am

i’ve never been to ny, or anywhere for that matter.

do you think it wouild spoil the magic if i were to see the true reality of hip-hop’s nazareth ?

i’m gonna be 40 in a few years, is it worth the trip, or should i just stick to holidays in skeggy and mablethorpe ?

4. Reply brian beck from wisconsin November 2, 2007 12:05 pm

yeah, this is good and i’m glad you’re back and i’m especially awaiting the greg nice blog, but where’s freaky friday, yo????????????

who won the puma yo! hoody too?

5. Reply keatso November 2, 2007 15:13 pm

I did pull out the history of Music Factory written by Steinski for my blog a few years back…And for all seeking Mecca, NY today is a HUGE disappointment. The graf scene was/is the last hurrah -NY is still pretty bombed (at least compared to other US cities). Other than that, I was born and raised but moved away 3+ years ago b/c I couldnt suffer it no more.
    May I refer you to the musings of Ricky Powell?

6. Reply lace da booze November 2, 2007 20:58 pm

I liked NY. I was in Footlocker waiting on my mate and flicking through my copy of Kool Moe Dee’s book. I got into a 3 way convo with the shop assistant and another customer about the merits Pete Rock and Common.
    you can’t do that in Guildford!

7. Reply $ November 2, 2007 23:07 pm

what hapd to freaky fridays?

8. Reply country bumpkin November 4, 2007 09:27 am

you could do that in Guildford if you ran into Jazz-T & Chubby Alcoholic from Diversion Tactics in Footlocker. I think they live round there somewhere. Ps. Pete Rock + Common = A good combination

9. Reply Boosie November 4, 2007 18:24 pm